hdbw-hochschule.com Master's degree programmes
MASTER'S DEGREE PROGRAMMES DIGITISATION
The private, state-recognized HDBW offers you interdisciplinary master's degree programs in the exciting and up-to-date area of digitisation. You can study with us full or part time.
All our master's programmes are practice-oriented and business-related. They offer you a combination of business and technical knowledge. And in our three English-speaking master's programmes, you will not only train your English skills, but also your intercultural competencies. These masters are completely internationally oriented.
If you want to understand, help shape and optimize the corporate world of the future, then apply for a Master's programme at HDBW.
At a glance
- each winter and summer semester
- full time 3 semester
- 720 € each month
- No numerus clausus
English-speaking Master's degree programmes at HDBW
Why a Master's degree at the private HDBW?
Together with international experts from academia and business practice, we are constantly developing new concepts for the contemporary and future-oriented orientation of our departments.
Due to our interdisciplinary connections, we provide you with a broad basis of sound knowledge for demanding business areas. In the master's programme, you will acquire application-oriented knowledge and valuable skills - in small groups and in close cooperation with our professors, lecturers from business and internationally operating companies.
And we offer you the chance to cooperate closely with potential employers already during your master studies.
Voices on HDBW Master's degree programmes
Digitisation meets Entrepreneurship at HDBW
Video is hosted externally and only sends data when you click on the image.
HDBW Vice President Carten Bartsch talks about the international master’s degree programme in Business Administration: Digital Business Modelling and Entrepreneurship.
Developed by national and international experts from research and industry, it focuses on how digitisation changes business models. During your master studies at HDBW, University of Applied Sciences in Munich, you will look at technological aspects from the customers’, management’s and process' perspective.
All about the Master's degree programmes
Depending on each master's programme, a completed bachelor's degree in
- Business administration or
- Industrial engineering or
- (Business) Informatics or
- Mechanical engineering / mechatronics or
- Electrical engineering / information technology or
- Communication technology or
- Other courses of study on request from the HDBW study advisory service.
- Ideally 210 ECTS, but at least 180 ECTS
- In case of a Bachelor with 180 ECTS, individual agreements will be made before the start of the program in order to complete the missing ECTS
- B2 language level in German and English for the Master's degree programme Digital Technologies
- B2 language level in English - for the English-speaking Masters:
Digital Business Modeling and Entrepreneurship,
Digital Factory and Operational Excellence and
Each HDBW Master's degree programme is offered as full- and part-time studies.
- 3 semesters full-time, with 6 compulsory courses each
- 5 semesters part-time, with 2-4 compulsory courses each
- The lectures take place as weekly events and / or in individual block weeks in presence on campus. If necessary, they are also streamed online. Other modules are also held completely online, depending on the Master's degree. Lecture times are scheduled from Monday to Saturday, depending on the degree programme.
The monthly tuition fee in the Master's programmes are:
- 720 € full-time study 3 semesters
- 432 € part-time study 5 semesters
Your advantages at the HDBW
- No additional registration fee
- All courses & examination fees are already included
All Masters degree courses, either full-time or part-time
Hochschule der Bayerischen Wirtschaft (HDBW)
D – 81829 München
Digital Factory and Operational Excellence & Cyber Security - Part-time only
Hochschule der Bayerischen Wirtschaft (HDBW)
D – 96052 Bamberg
- March 14th (Summer Semester) and September 30th (Winter Semester) for national and EU-applicants
- December 15th (Summer Semester) and June 30th (Winter Semester) for non-EU-applicants
Why? Veryfing your application documents, visa processs etc. take much longer
- Summer Semester, starting mid-March
- Winter Semester, starting beginning of October
- 3 semesters full-time
- 5 semesters part-time
Duration Winter Semester
- October 1st until March 14th
- Lectures from beginning of October until end of January
- Examination period generally until Mid-February
Duration Summer Semester
- March 15th until September 30th
- Lectures from Mid-March until beginning of July
- Examination period generally until end of July
Duration of studies - depending on study time model
- 3 semesters full-time study
- 5 semesters of part-time study
Degrees in the Master's programmes at the HDBW
- Master of Arts (M.A.) - Digital Business Modelling and Entrepreneurship
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) - Digital Factory and Operational Excellence
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) - Cyber Security
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) - Digital Technologies
- 90 ECTS credits are earned in the HDBW Master's programme
- 300 ECTS credits in total in the HDBW Bachelor & Master programme
Impressions of HDBW Campus Munich
Learning atmosphere HDBW Master students Seminar room
HDBW Campus Munich Hallway door
Teaching atmosphere at HDBW Lecture in lecture hall
HDBW Campus Munich Lecture hall
Student life HDBW Courtyard at the summer festival
Study atmosphere at HDBW Students in seminar room
HDBW Campus Munich Student lounge
Download: Master’s degree programmes study brochure
The digital transformation is already shaping the economy in a wide variety of ways.
Whether it's Industry 4.0, the Internet of Things, e-commerce or new, digital business models: digitalization offers excellently trained professionals numerous opportunities to help shape the future.
In this magazine, you will find information about our private, state-recognized university of applied sciences as well as tips about the HDBW master's program.